This postcard features a color illustration of the house in which William McKinley was born as it was reconstructed on the Mackey- Wess property in the McKinley Heights. The home originally stood on Main Street in downtown Niles. During the late 1890s the building was divided into two structures, one of which was moved to Franklin Alley, the other was relocated to an area south of downtown called Riverside Park. By 1910, Mrs. Lulu Mackey-Wess had purchased both structures and eventually had them restored and rejoined on her property east of Niles; this area then became known as McKinley Heights. After her death in 1934 the house was neglected and later burned to the ground on April 3, 1937. A replica of McKinley's birth home, the McKinley Birthplace Home and Research Center, is now at the original location on Main Street.